Swimming classes are a great way for kids to stay active and healthy, especially during the winter months when it can be difficult to get outside and exercise.
If you live in the Southside of Glasgow, you may be wondering where your child can improve as a swimmer during the winter. With multiple venues across the Central Belt of Scotland, SwimEasy has now restarted main programme lessons at Hillpark Secondary School on Saturday mornings, so now is a great time to get your child started in swimming. From nervous beginners to more advanced swimmers with great water confidence, our swim school has you covered!
Benefits of winter swimming for a child swimmer in Glasgow and Edinburgh?
- Improved cardiovascular health and stamina.
- Increased muscle strength: It works all of the major muscle groups in the body, including the arms, legs, core, and back.
- Improved coordination and balance: It requires use of muscles in a coordinated way, and it also helps them to develop a sense of balance.
- Increased self-confidence: It is a challenging activity, but it is also very rewarding. When kids learn to swim, they feel a sense of accomplishment and pride.
- Reduced stress levels: It is a relaxing and enjoyable activity that can help any swimmer unwind and de-stress.
Swimming Lessons for kids in Glasgow Southside
SwimEasy venues: main programme back at Hillpark Secondary School
SwimEasy swimming lessons at Hillpark Secondary School are a great way for kids of all ages to learn how to swim and of the importance of water safety. The lessons are taught by qualified and experienced instructors, and they are held in a safe and fun environment.
SwimEasy lessons are offered on Saturday mornings from 9:00am. The lessons are divided into different levels, so kids can learn at their own pace.
- High-Quality Teaching Standards: SwimEasy offers swimming lessons with a maximum of four children per class. This setup ensures individual attention within a group setting, providing an optimal balance of learning and social interaction.
- Professional Development of Staff: SwimEasy’s staff participate in collaborative exercises and communities of practice sessions. These activities facilitate continuous professional sharing and growth in teaching knowledge. Additionally, the staff attends numerous in-person and online training days throughout the year, maintaining a high standard of teaching.
- Personalised Progress Tracking: SwimEasy provides an ongoing record of each child’s personal achievements, recognising that children progress at different rates. Children move up levels and stages when they are ready, not just at the end of a term. This approach offers personalised attention within a small group setup.
- Structured Learning with the ‘Passport’ System: The ‘Passport’ system at SwimEasy offers a unique method of tracking progression, ability levels, and stages. It complies with national and international standards and provides a structured, progressive approach to swimming education.
- Focus on Technique and Skill Development: SwimEasy’s lessons are technique-focused, ensuring children learn the four recognised strokes in a structured and progressive manner. Skills developed include pushing off in a streamline position, treading water, turning, diving, and swimming various distances on different strokes.
Swimming is a great way for kids to stay active and healthy, especially during the winter months. SwimEasy swimming lessons at Hillpark Secondary School are a great way for kids of all ages to learn how to swim from the expertise of our amazing instructors.
If you are a Mum, Dad or Guardian in the Southside of Glasgow, we encourage you to sign your child up for SwimEasy swimming lessons today!
Keep up to date with SwimEasy: